Terms and Conditions
Welcome, and thanks for using Edgebase.com! When you use our products and services available on edgebase.com (the “Website” or the “Platform”), including our blog, premium services or any information provided as part of these services (collectively the “Services”), you're agreeing to our terms (“T&Cs”), so please take a few minutes to read over the User Agreement below. Note: you are entering into a legally binding agreement.
We are an online Platform for professionals. Thanks to Edgebase (referred as “we”), professionals can find information about companies’ activities, services they offer and open innovation startup programs.
Our mission is to make relevant data from worldwide companies available on one single website. Our Services are designed to promote economic opportunity for our members by enabling them to share their business-related information and find innovation programs to participate in.
2.1. Service Eligibility
To use the Services, you agree that you must be 18 years old or older and be a professional, as defined by consumer laws. Also, you agree that you will create only one account, under your real name, and declare to have authority to bind the business, company or any entity on whose behalf you use the Services.
2.2. Your Membership
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party.
You agree to:
- (1) to choose a strong and secure password
- (2) keep your password secure and confidential
- (3) not transfer any part of your account and
- (4) follow the Dos and Don'ts below. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
2.3. Edgebase Do’s and Don’ts
2.3.1 Dos. You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated
- Use your real name on your profile
- Keep your data up to date
- Use the Services in a professional manner
2.3.2 Don'ts. You agree that you will not:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content
- Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by Edgebase)
- Showcase product line that is not accurate
- Use an image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo for your profile
- Create a false identity on Edgebase (either as an individual or company)
- Misrepresent your current or previous company relationships and product(s) validation(s)
- Misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, past or present
- Misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person) or a company (registered)
- Use or attempt to use another's account
- Harass, abuse or harm another Member or third-party
- Send spam or other unwelcome communications to others
- Scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work)
- Act in an unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner
- Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer))
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Edgebase, including, without limitation, using the word “Edgebase” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines
- Use Edgebase invitations to send messages to people who don't know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation unauthorized by Edgebase
- Send messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution
- Creating or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice
- Copy or use the information, content or data of others available on the Services (except as expressly authorized)
- Copy or use the information, content or data on Edgebase in connection with a competitive service (as determined by Edgebase)
- Copy, modify or create derivative works of Edgebase, the Services or any related technology (except as expressly authorized by Edgebase)
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Edgebase without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited Edgebase trainer)
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related any information or data
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize any information displayed on the Platform or any other feature of the Services, without Edgebase's consent
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on Edgebase (as set forth in the Brand Guidelines), without Edgebase's consent
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service
- Remove, cover or obscure any advertisements included on the Services
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from Edgebase without the consent of Edgebase
- Share or disclose information of others without their express consent
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Services or any related data or information
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages
- Monitor the Services' availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by Edgebase, such as its mobile applications and Edgebase.com
- Override any security feature of the Services
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attacks, viruses, gaming algorithms)
Violate Edgebase's Community Guidelines or, if you're a commercial user of Edgebase, the Edegabse Commercial Terms of Service.
By agreeing these T&Cs, you allow Edgebase to collect and use your email address in order to provide you important notices regarding your account and allow other Members to contact you. You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
3. Intellectual property Rights & Trademarks
You are solely responsible for the content that you edit. Any information you provide on Edgebase must be accurate. You agree that the content you display on the Platform must not (i) infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, or (ii) violate any law (including export control, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising). You guarantee that you will provide information and content that you have the right or your are authorized to share.
Any commercial use of the content available on Edgebase is strictly forbidden and will be prosecuted.
3.1. Your License to Edgebase
You are granting Edgebase the following non-exclusive license: worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others.
3.2. Your License to Members & Visitors (third-parties)
By making your content available on the platform, you are granting the Website Visitors and Members the following non-exclusive license: worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, distribute and publish the content displayed on the Website, without any further consent, notice and or/compensation to Visitors or Members.
3.3. Edgebase blog
Contents available on Edgebase blog, such as articles and surveys, are protected by intellectual property rights and remain the sole property of Edgebase. Nevertheless, Edgebase grants Visitors/Members a non-exclusive license right to use and redistribute the contents for documentary or informational purposes only. Any other use is strictly forbidden. If you use the Edgebase blog content, you must give credit Edgbase as the author and owner of the content. You can contact Edgebase for further information at the email address: contact at edgebase dot com
3.4. Third-party contents and websites
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. You are solely responsible for your use of any third-party content displayed on the Website. Since third-parties may detail their own products and services through the Platform, Edgebase cannot endorse and is not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, completion, related content or products. Edgebase has no obligation to monitor third-party content.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from our Services. If you allow a third party app or site to authenticate you or connect with your Edgebase account, that app or site can access information on Edgebase related to you and your connections. Third party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways we would not. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, Edgebase is not responsible for these other sites and apps -- use these at your own risk.
All company names, trademarks and other business characteristics on the Website is or will be Edgebase’s property or the property of a third party and must only be used for business purposes upon prior approval from us or the third party owner, respectively.
4. Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not infringing the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
Edgebase may block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any Member or third-party. Also, Edgebase warrants to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the formalities of the French law “Loi sur le commerce électronique et de l’économie numérique” (LCEN). According to Article 6 of LCEN content and/or Members’ account might be terminated or suspended until the content is modified or deleted.
You can send a LCEN notice at the email address contact at edgebase dot com
5. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
5.1. Service availability
Your use of our services is at your sole risk. We provide these services on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranty that our Services will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, uninterrupted, timely, accurate, or error-free, or that your information will be secure.
We are not responsible for the content, data, metrics or actions of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through or from our Services creates any warranty not expressly stated in these Agreement.
Data available on the Platform is gathered from public sources and companies public statements. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice. Also, we do not warranty non-interrupted accessibility of the website or Services.
5.3. Exclusion of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS EDGEBASE HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT SUPERSEDES THIS AGREEMENT), EDGEBASE (AND THOSE THAT EDGEBASE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OR CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT). IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF EDGEBASE (AND THOSE THAT EDGEBASE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE LESSER OF (A) FIVE TIMES THE MOST RECENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEE THAT YOU PAID FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) US $1000. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND EDGEBASE AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF EDGEBASE HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Members can stop using our Services and terminate the Agreement at anytime without notice. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. Edgebase may terminate the Agreement without notice by blocking your account or access. Your content displayed on the website will remain publicly available. We also reserve the right to suspend or end the services at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
7. Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in Paris courts, applying under the French law. You agree that the laws of the Republic of France, excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in the federal or state courts of Paris, Ile de France, France, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
8. How To Contact Us
If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us:
By mail at: contact at edgebase dot com
46 rue Saint-Lazare